1. Start with self evaluation. You have to think about yourselves. What you like about yourselves. What you can improve. Self-evaluation is getting in touch with the person inside of yourself to get in touch with your feelings.
2. Validate your true feelings. The things you keep from yourselves and others. You walk around with a smile on your face but deep down you are screaming and unhappy. You may not like yourself and things in your life. By not bringing your feelings to the surface, you can become sick.
3. Address your emotions and validate your feelings. Why do you do the things that you do? What makes you have certain behaviors. You may do things in certain ways and not know why you do the things you do. Go back to your childhood and the way you were raised to address your emotions and how you feel so that you can improve your life.
4. Build your self confidence. It is not an easy thing to do. You need to bring yourself up to believe that you are somebody and that you can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens you. It is important to believe in yourself and to have self-confidence so that you can accomplish your goals. After I got divorced and I was raising three children, I had to take on a very tough exterior to keep people off of me when inside I was a very sensitive person. It was my survival mechanism. I had to learn to release that and to build up my self-confidence. When I did, I was a better person all around. I recommend you do the same.
5. Forgive yourself. A lot of times you do things and you cringe inside because of what you did. But it is okay to say I messed up and I am going to forgive myself and to ask others to forgive you. It is important to practice forgiveness so that you can feel calm and stable. You allow yourself to feel peace and calmness. If you go around holding grudges, there is no room for love, peace or happiness. So you have to clear your heart by having forgiveness. When you don't practice forgiveness you can have anxiety, worry and ulcers. Practicing forgiveness allows you to have good mental health.
6. Like and love yourself. You do what you have to do every day to go about your day but you may not like yourself. You are just doing the necessities. It is important to like and love yourself because you are wonderfully made. Improve yourself and take care of yourself so that you like yourself. When you like yourself, it shows in your demeanor and the way you act and carry yourself. You glow from the inside and out. Good mental health begins with self-love. Loving and liking yourself means going the extra mile for yourself. You have to start with the man or woman in the mirror.
7. Getting proper sleep. A lot of times you are unable to get proper sleep because you are not shutting down your brain. You may be processing the day over and over again. You may have watched something disturbing on television. It is important to get proper sleep so that your brain goes into rem sleep and you get proper rest. It is mission critical to take care of yourself by having a good night rest to allow you to rejuvenate and relax. If you don't get enough sleep you will burn out and may cause accidents
8. Feel good about yourself. If you don't feel good about yourself you won't have a good day. And you start off the day with a minus. Sometimes when you are a giver you like to help others and to build others up, but it is very important to give to yourself and to build yourself up and taking care of you.
9. Take time out for yourself. A lot of women forget about taking care of themselves when they have children and they focus on the children and not themselves. It is important to take time out for yourself in a lot of different ways: getting a manicure or pedicure, getting your hair done by someone else or just being quiet and reflecting. It is important to take time out for you and to do the things that are important for you. Because at the end of the day you are responsible for you. People think happiness is an outside job, but happiness begins with you.
10. Physical exercise. You have to dig deep in yourself to figure out what you like to do for physical exercise. Find what you like to do in terms of exercising will mean that you stick with it and will keep it up. You have to do physical exercise to feel better and to let the endorphins out in your brain. It is important to take time out to exercise your body so that you are in the best health you can be in. If you don't overtime you will become morbidly obese.
11. Exercise your mind. Exercise your brain by doing word puzzles, thinking, reading, and brainstorming. By doing so it allows you to shut out the world and to stretch your brain capability. It is important to always be learning and growing to keep challenging yourself. You can do that by going to the library or going back to school. It is important to take time out to exercise your mind so that you don't stagnate and be ahead of the curve.
12. Eliminate stress from your life. Why go into toxic environments and places if you don't have to. If you see stress coming down the street go the other way! Stress can physically kill you. It is the cause of a lot of disease and will mess up your bodies and minds. It is one of the number one killers of human beings. Stress is not your friend it is your enemy. So reduce the amount of stress in your life. Try to have positive people and situations in your life. By reducing stress you will reduce the amount of disease in your life.
13. Positive Affirmations. Say positive words and scriptures every day. Like I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me. I am above and not beneath. It helps you to be in a positive state of mind and changes your outlook and thinking. When you surrounds yourself with positiveness and reaffirm that throughout the day it allows you to have a positive and good day. It allows you to have a cheery disposition and good health.
14. Keep Positive people around you. Make sure that the company that you keep is also positive. The people that you choose to surround yourself with can make everything better or worse.Who are you letting next to your spirit and mind? Who you let near your can determine your life.
15. Speak out loud what is bothering you. Once you speak out loud what is bothering you, 50% of what was bothering you will be alleviated. Therapy is very positive and allows you to speak your mind without any judgement and allows you to be heard. A therapist is someone who is there to help you and to build you up. Speaking out loud your thoughts allows you to think more clearly and to move forward.
16. Get out the house. No matter how beautiful your house is, you have to get out and get some fresh air. Just getting outside changes your whole perspective. If you stay in the house to long, you can become paranoid. Getting out allows you to experience nature and to get fresh air and vitamin D from the sun. It is important to be exposed to nature, to socialize and to see the wonderful world that God has created. It is good for the soul and good for the spirit.
17. Negotiate the weather changes. The weather can impact your mood. For good health, it is important when there is weather changes to surround yourself with bright light, positive people and things that build you up so that you always feel uplift and encouraged. In the winter, go and see the beautiful lights, during the summer visit the beach.
18. Happiness. Happiness is not a given. It is a choice that you have to learn and to grow. God wants you to be happy. It is a learned thing that you have to nurture. You have to make a conscious choice to be happy. Happiness is a decision that you have to choose everyday, just like you choose to brush your teeth and to get dressed, choose to be happy and to view life in a positive manner.
19. Relax. Take time to relax. Relaxing means taking time to exhale and to smell the roses. Just do nothing. Lay down, sit down or do something that relaxes you like knitting or crocheting. Relaxing is important to allow you to recharge and rejuvenate your batteries. Whether you are taking a relaxing nap or doing an activity to relax, it is important to have the time to recharge your batteries and to exhale.
20. Eating healthy. Fast foods, processed foods and foods with preservatives are not good for you. It is important to drink at least 8 glasses of 8 ounces water. It is important to eat healthy to treat your body with respect and to eat nutritious and healthy foods. Stop eating garbage, eat mindfully and purposefully to help uplift you and for you to be the best you possible. You will feel better and are able to do more when you are eating healthy. You are what you eat and it shows.
21. Praying. Pray. Meditate on the word. It will rejuvenate you and give you peace. Praying and having an open communication with God is vital. It is important for you to feel connected with God so that you can be grounded and stable.
"Remember you are blessed and highly favored!"-
Mrs. Arlene Day aka Mama Day